New year, new goals and plans.
This week on Tuesdays on the Run we are discussing your resolutions as runners. Let’s hear what you are planning and plotting for 2017!
I’m not a fan of goal setting or resolutions when it comes to most things. But I am a fan of seeing progress and change, and 2016 did not show me a lot of progress when it came to running. And the change was NOT the good kind, ahem.
But I still had some fun, and that’s what really matters! Like the time I raced a Marine through Animal Kingdom.
So for 2016, I Resolve:
- To run more. This doesn’t mean run longer or even sign up for more races. But just to run more often. 2 miles isn’t too much to fit in on pretty much any given day, so there’s no reason I can’t do more of those little runs.
- To be more consistent in my pacing. I’ve always been all over the map when you look at my numbers. I’d really like to focus on running a steady pace for more than 3 miles.
- To start working on those intervals. Remember when I could run a whole 5K without walk breaks? That was at least a kid ago. While I still believe in the Galloway method and intervals for long runs, I also believe it’s how I slowed way down. So I’m going to work on making the ratios a little longer on the run and a little shorter on the walk and see how that goes.
- To find the joy in running again. When I’m out there with friends during a runDisney event, it’s THERE. But the training leading up to it? Nope. Gone. And I used to somewhat like those runs. So 2017 is the year I find that again.
- I resolve to not take things too seriously, buttttt… maybe a little more seriously than I did this year. That shouldn’t be too hard, ha!
How about you? What are your 2017 running resolutions?