We love to celebrate- well, anything!- with a good meme around here. And nothing is more exciting than a holiday that allows us to eat tacos (not even on a Tuesday!) and drink margaritas without guilt. Here are our best Cinco de Mayo memes for May the 5th!
What Is Cinco de Mayo and Why Is It Celebrated?
According to NationalToday.com:
Let’s start by clearing the biggest misconception: No, Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican Independence Day.
So why is it celebrated?
Cinco de Mayo actually commemorates the Mexican victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla, which took place on May 5, 1862.
On May 27, 1862, the first Cinco de Mayo parties in the US take place in Columbia, California as residing Mexican miners get news of the battle.
If you didn’t know that, don’t feel *too* badly. Almost 40% of Americans mistakenly believe that Cinco de Mayo marks Mexican Independence Day.
About 70% of Americans asked in the National Today poll responded that they plan to celebrate, however. But we hope now you realize just what you are raising your shot of tequila to!
The Best Cinco de Mayo Memes For May the 5th
Okay, here we go with the best Cinco de Mayo memes we could find.
We harvested them so you didn’t have to.
More Memes You’ll Love
- Revenge of the Fifth Memes: The Baddest Star Wars Memes of Them ALL
- HIGH-larious 420 Memes About Weed
- Lucky St. Patrick’s Day Memes For 2023
- Funny Sci Fi Memes To Celebrate National Science Fiction Day (GEEK OUT!)
- Funny Fart Memes For National Pass Gas Day
- Funny Christmas Eve Memes Gift Wrapped For YOU! (2022)
- Brrrr! Funny Snow Memes For The Winter
- Spring Forward Memes For The Start Of Daylight Saving Time
Patty Holliday is the owner and creator of all things No-Guilt Universe. As a lifelong fangirl and pop culture connoisseur, she’s been creating online since 2009. You can find her work at No-Guilt Disney.com, No-Guilt Fangirl.com, No-Guilt Life, and as host of the top-rated No-Guilt Disney Podcast.