Netflix marathons are pretty much the only sport we’re participating in right now. And the most recent binge at our house was Never Have I Ever on Netflix. It’s the story about an Indian-American teen working through grief and the typical teen dramas all at once (Never Have I Ever parent guide). Written by one of my faves, Mindy Kaling, this show had some killer lines. Here are the best quotes from Never Have I Ever on Netflix.
Starring Maitreyi Ramakrishnan as Devi, Never Have I Ever offers refreshing insight to the teen dramas that plague the high school years.
Your teens probably want to watch this one: before they do, check out this parent guide to Never Have I Ever to decide if this one is safe for kids.
What’s Never Have I Ever About?
Never Have I Ever is a new coming-of-age comedy about the complicated life of a modern-day first-generation Indian American teenage girl.
The series stars newcomer, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan as Devi, an overachieving high school sophomore who has a short fuse that gets her into difficult situations.
Best Quotes From Never Have I Ever on Netflix
1. Take your Dew and go. – Nalini
2. One day, you will walk again. If not, I will build you legs. -Fabiola
3. Whoa Devi, you look like an Indian Kardashian! – Fabiola
4. Not gonna happen, Sharon. Ya basic. – Eleanor
5. I’m going to the movies with my friends. Which pair of jeans is the fiercest? – Rebecca
6. Uh, would a not cool person wear… one dangly earring? – Eleanor
7. We are smart. And idiots are banging all the time. We can learn how to do it, too.
8. This is Ben Gross. He’s a 15-year old boy from Sherman Oaks, California. And I am American actor, producer, writer, fake rapper: Andy Samberg. What can I say? I wear a lot of hats. – Andy Samberg
9. Damn- is this kid on HGH? – Doctor Ryan
10. Maybe if it were a Lakers game but my followers don’t want to see Billy Crystal eating nachos or whatever. –Shira
11. Have you considered that falling apart might be the thing to bring your family back together? –Dr. Ryan
12. I could never be a model. I’m too curvacious. -Kamala
13. Whoa, knock it off wanna be pill popper. – Dr. Ryan
14. Girl, Bye. – Dr. Ryan
15. I do not like high fiving, it’s too violent. – Mom
16. Normal teenagers end up in prison, or worse, working in Jersey Mike’s. – Nalini
Devi’s Best Quotes From Never Have I Ever
Hey gods, it’s Devi Vishwakumar, your favorite Hindu girl in the San Fernando Valley. What’s a-poppin’? – Devi
If women didn’t accept each other’s apologies, The View would grind to a halt. -Devi
Peace out virgin. –Devi
No cocaine for me, thanks. I’m good. -Devi
I’m a godd#$% delight! I should punch you in the Adam’s Apple for saying that. – Devi
I don’t negotiate with terrorists, Ben. And honestly, I’m mature enough to be on my own. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna Google how to buy a credit card. – Devi
I’m not Marie Kondo-ing members of this family for your dumb India move. –Devi
You know, I would’ve run away earlier if I’d known I’d get to use a bathroom with a TV in it. -Devi
Winning over old-ass teacher types is my superpower. – Devi
Best John McEnroe Quotes From Never Have I Ever
- Now you may be asking yourself why is sports icon John McEnroe narrating this tale? It’ll make sense later I promise. – John McEnroe
- Hey, look at that, it me! I told you it made sense. – John McEnroe
- Well, this certainly wasn’t the walk of shame Devi was hoping for. –John McEnroe
- Aunties are older Indian women who have no blood relation to you but are allowed to have opinions about your life and all your shortcoming and you have to be nice to them because you’re Indian. –John McEnroe
- I know yeilding the chair doesn’t sound exciting to cool jocks like you or me, but that was the model UN equivalent of me throwing my racket at an umpire. –John McEnroe
- Hey I don’t know what any of this means. That was like an insult, but ended with some flirty touching? In my day, if you liked someone you pointed to them in the stands, and they threw their bra at you. – John McEnroe
- Damn, Devi. Preethi’s sister really schooled you. Read the room. – John McEnroe
More Quotes Posts You’ll Love
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)