In all the excitement of the season, sometimes we put off those important shopping items. Especially if you have college students coming home. Being excited about them walking through that door trumps everything else! Need last-minute gifts? We’ve got you, last-minute moms (and dads!). Here’s a Christmas gift list for your college girls: things she needs AND wants while away at school for her dorm room or college apartment. Affiliate links are included in this post.
Home For The Holidays
It’s that time of year that we all love: our grown and flown college kids coming back for the holiday season.
Also: probably come back for some homecooked meals and free laundry service.
And as parents, we love every second of it!
If you’ve put off finalizing those gifts for the oldest of your teens, we’ve got you covered.
Most of these items can be found on Amazon Prime (affiliate links included) so you can get that sweet, sweet Prime 2-day shipping. But hurry: you know the calendar is quickly ticking by.
Here’s our last-minute Christmas gift list for your college girl that we know she’ll love!
Christmas Gift List For Your College Girls
The best gifts are ones she can use and won’t buy for herself.
Maybe because she can’t afford it, or maybe because it’s just a little too much of a luxury for a young woman.
The best Christmas gifts come from the heart: but we also know what college kids actually need and want.
- Anything on this Switftmas Advent Calendar: gifts for Taylor Swift fans.
- A gift card to her favorite splurge: Sephora, Ulta, AMC theaters, Doordash, Starbucks, etc. You get the idea! It’s a great way for kids to know that it’s ok to treat yo’ self after a long week of studying- with a little help from mom or dad.
- Apple Watch. We resisted the smartwatch for a long time for our teens. But college is a different world altogether. Apple Watches can help keep her on schedule, even when that schedule is hectic. And monitor her physical activity and heart rate to boot! Plus they’re an awesome way for their college friends (and you!) to keep in touch with them.
- New Water Bottle. Because let’s be honest: since you’re not cleaning it consistently for her, she may be forgetting. And that sucker may just be ready for a replacement. This is a pretty easy but also great gift idea for her and even her roommate if you want to send her home with a bonus gift.
- New Phone Case. These always need to be replaced and this is a simple but great option. We think it’s one of the easiest great Christmas gifts you can score.
- Ugg Slippers (or knockoffs). Keeping cozy while studying is always important, especially in colder months, and these Ugg slippers are delightful! Plus they have a hard bottom so they can go outside if needed. Truly one of our best gift ideas for the season!
- Face Masks. Look, we know it’s not cool and no one is really wearing them anymore. However, having a small stash on hand just in case a roommate gets sick is a good idea. Order a box and suggest your young adults keep them handy- just in case. A necessary, if lame, addition to this Christmas gift list for your college girls.
- Portable Charger and Charging Chords. The perfect stocking stuffer. These go on every Christmas list, every year at our house. They don’t last, they get left somewhere random on these college campuses, and cell phone use is strong among young women (obvi). So go ahead and grab another to send them back to school with- even if it’s just as a backup.
- Essential Oil Diffuser. Finals, midterms, roommates, relationships… lavender take me away! Sometimes a little essential oil action is just what your girl needs for relaxation. And you can find diffusers in different colors. They can also make small spaces smell heavenly as well as be a useful gift. Just make sure the college dorms don’t have a policy against using them.
- Credit Cards. We hesitate to add this to the list for good reason. Credit cards in college can be dangerous. But in this credit score lead world, it’s important to get a start on building a credit history. Adding them as authorized user could be a good first step and letting them know their allowed credit limit will end up being a popular gift this year.
- Plane Tickets. While you may really want them to come to see YOU, sometimes they really just need to visit that best friend across the country. Let them take a break from school work one weekend and give them the gift of seeing the BFF. Yes, it’s an extra cost of college, but we’ve all been there: time with the bestie is priceless and can be the perfect Christmas gift.
- Apple Airpods (or knockoffs). Along with the chargers, we feel like these are constantly being lost! With many teen girls taking online classes, air pods are a necessity and make the perfect gift idea. Make sure you check reviews and find a high quality set with decent battery life. We hope
- Initial Necklace. If she’s a Little Bit Alexis, she’ll love this one! Add this to the fun gift idea list: while it’s not one of the most practical gifts, it sure is cute!
- Extra Dining Hall Credits. Have you checked the balance over there yet? Make sure she’s able to get what she needs when she needs it- and consider adding some credits to her balance.
- Silk Pillowcases. After a tough day of classes, nothing beats the feel of silk on your neck! This is one of those things she wouldn’t buy for herself as a personal gift, but its likely on her wish list.
- Alarm Clock. We know, we know: what is this, the 90s? No. But if your college-aged girl has a tough time getting up in the morning for class, maybe a backup alarm clock could help her get out of the house a little better. This one actually shakes the bed a little- so…
We hope you found at least one great Christmas gift idea here to make Christmas morning easier for you.
And just remember: the best part is having them home for a bit, the special gift is the gift of being together.
Share this Christmas Gift List For Your College Girls with family or friends who also need that last-minute gift.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you and yours.
More Posts You’ll Love
- Printable College Packing List For Guys
- FAFSA Memes To Make You Laugh
- Back To School Movies To Get You Ready For Class
- Funny Christmas Memes
- Great New Years Memes
- Valentine’s Day Memes
Patty Holliday is the owner and creator of all things No-Guilt Universe. As a lifelong fangirl and pop culture connoisseur, she’s been creating online since 2009. You can find her work at No-Guilt Disney.com, No-Guilt Fangirl.com, No-Guilt Life, and as host of the top-rated No-Guilt Disney Podcast.