Great news for pet lovers who travel. The dog-friendly test program has been extended! Pet Resorts at Walt Disney World are here to stay. But only certain hotels are eligible for your canine friends: here’s what you need to know about taking your dog to Disney World.
Exciting news, dog lovers!
Walt Disney World allows dogs at four resorts on property.
The furry members of your family can now go on vacation with you.
And I know that makes a lot of you really happy to hear.
There are of course some limitations and an increase in costs per night for the convenience of bringing your pal on the road with you.
Pluto no longer has to pout about being left behind!
Here are all the details you’ll need if your Pal is coming on the road to Disney World with you.
Disney World is offering pet-friendly resorts for your full family to enjoy on vacation. These pet resorts are available for dogs only, however.
There will be an additional fee if you decide to bring your pup, but nightly snuggles with your four-legged BFF is worth the price!
If you need help planning your next vacation, let me know!
Pet Resorts: Walt Disney World Allows Dog Guests at Four Hotels
From the Disney Parks Blog
by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks
Four Walt Disney World resort hotels have been designated dog-friendly. Each property’s per night/per room pet-cleaning rate is:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
A maximum of two dogs per guestroom can be accommodated. Each Guest room will have easy access to outdoor pet walkways for exercise and green spaces with pet relief areas.
Dog lovers will find plenty of Disney amenities and special touches for their four-legged friends.
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads, and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto Do Not Disturb door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
- Disney enjoys a partnership with Best Friends Pet Care, an on-property full-service facility that can provide assistance with pet daycare and other pet services (fees apply).
- Pet merchandise is coming soon to participating resorts.
While dogs will be allowed to stay in Guest rooms, they will be expected to be well behaved, leashed in public resort areas and properly vaccinated.
Restrictions and Policies For Dog-Friendly Rooms
Please read the below restrictions and policies about the new dog-friendly program (subject to change).
- Only dogs will be allowed in Guest rooms, and there is a limit of two dogs per Guest room.
- Guests are responsible for the proper care, behavior and waste maintenance of their dogs throughout the Resort.
- Dogs must be well-behaved and are not allowed on furniture in public areas.
- Dogs should be supervised at all times while staying on Resort property and should not be left unattended in your Guest room for more than 7 hours.
- Dogs should remain silent if left unattended in your Guest room. If noise is heard, you will be called to address the noise within 30 minutes.
- Please display the provided Do Not Disturb door hanger outside your room to alert Cast Members that dogs are present.
- Housekeeping service in Guest rooms with dogs is only available when Guests are present. Please dial the Housekeeping button on your in-room telephone to schedule a cleaning time at your convenience.
- Please leash or restrain your dogs at all times while in public spaces on Resort property.
- Only licensed service animals are allowed in Food & Beverage locations, the Club Lounge, Pool Areas, Fitness Centers and other public Guest areas.
- Guests with dogs are allowed to use some Resort transportation services, including Disney’s Magical Express and Minnie Van. In order to use Resort transportation, dogs must remain in pet carriers for the duration of transit. All other Resort transportation and public transportation, including Walt Disney World Monorails and Friendship Boats, are available to Guests with licensed service animals only.
- Dogs are not permitted in Theme Parks and Disney Springs. Only licensed service animals are allowed in these Guest areas.
- Up-to-date vaccination records must be available upon request.
No-Guilt Travel Agency Specializes in Disney Vacations
I’m the agency owner of No-Guilt Travel, a travel agency that specializes in Disney vacation planning.
So let me know if I can help your family sail away, runDisney, or head to Disneyland or Walt Disney World this year!
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for all your travel needs.
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)