Always wanted a Disney Princess makeover for adults? The wait is over, Princesses! Disney’s Character Couture Packages, aka the adult Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, are now available at four different Disney World locations. And they are FABULOUS fun! You’ll want to see all these character couture pictures before you make your own choice of inspiration: each character couture style is specific to the guest getting the makeover. Here’s everything you need to know about the Disney World Character Couture packages, the newest Disney makeover offering that’s targeted to adults.
I had a friend in Walt Disney World: they invited me to try the newest Princess makeover for adults.
Confession: I’m one of those adults that still loves to play dress up. It’s almost like I can’t help myself. If there’s a theme, I’m participating and probably going all out.
There’s something about being a little extra when it comes to dressing in a running costume for a runDisney race or pulling together an Incredible Disneybound look for a special event that appeals to my inner child. Yup, like Peter Pan, I’ll never grow up!
Disney princess makeover for adults! #Disney #Princess #Princessmakeover #Makeup #hair #salon #makeovers #disneyworld #disneyvacation #Disneyplanning” width=”600″ height=”900″>
The Adult Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique: Disney’s Character Couture Packages
When Disney announced the new Character Couture packages, I was all in.
An adult Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Disney princess makeover? Oh, yes, this was happening!
Here’s everything you need to know about the Character Couture packages, the newest Disney makeover offering that’s targeted to adults.
Special shoutout to Britni at Play, Party, Plan for acting as photographer and videographer for this magical experience.
Character Couture Package Details
The Character Couture packages offer a fun way for adults to spend a little time at a Disney salon getting the Disney princess makeover treatment. Consider this the adult version of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, the coveted Disney princess makeover experience for kids.
My daughter loved getting her Princess makeover at the castle boutique!
The Character Couture packages are a high-end experience with looks pulled together by trained cosmetologists. You can have hair, makeup, and even your nails done as part of the package.
And ladies, think glam! This is a true makeover experience and if you ever wanted to be a Disney princess as an adult, this is your chance.
I’ve seen a few of these looks and all of them are works of art and so much fun.
What characters can you choose from with Character Couture?
What I love the most about these Disney makeover packages is that you have options. How many characters can you choose from with Character Couture? How about ALL of them!
The Character Couture, unlike Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, allows you to discuss what you’d like to see with your stylist. Come in with your inspiration and they will literally work their magic on you. No two looks are the same.
And they are great with tailoring to your needs. I had one specific request: I wanted to look cute. The makeup artist said, “No problem! I specialize in cute!” and she totally nailed it.
I saw some makeovers online that were super dramatic, with heavy eye makeup and gorgeous lip colors. STUNNING, to be sure.
That was not what I personally was looking for on this occasion. We were headed into the opening party for Toy Story Land, and I wanted to look the part of a toy in Andy’s backyard.
Disney magic, y’all, it totally is a thing!
The stylists are pretty much open to anything: princess makeovers, villains, the fab 5, galactic heroes, and so much more. Apparently, Queen Elsa is still the most requested look- no, we Disney fans are not letting it go!
This Disney princess makeover for adults isn’t limited by age, either- kids are welcome here too. This might be a great option for kids who prefer a less stimulating environment; the experience is more low-key and professional than the immersive pixie-dusted Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
How Much Do the Character Couture Packages Cost?
Let’s just get this part covered first. Yes, it’s an added expense to your Disney World vacation. But you know what they say, all magic has a price.
And in this case, I’d say it’s totally worth it. Where else are you going to have the chance to experience a real Disney Princess makeover for adults? Nowhere but Walt Disney World, my friends!
All prices, package components, accessories, hairstyles, and information can change without notice, per the Walt Disney World website.
- Hairstyling: $75 ($60 for Guests 12 and under)
- Makeup: $50 ($40 for Guests 12 and under)
- Nails (Add-On): $20 ($15 for Guests 12 and under) In order to enjoy this service, you will need to book a hair styling and/or makeup session.
- In-Room Services: an additional fee of $25 per reservation
Discounts Available for Character Couture Packages
Heck yes, you can use those discounts! But like all Disney packages, they cannot be combined. So pick the one that gives you the most bang for your buck and be sure to mention it when you call to book your package.
Annual Passholder, Disney Vacation and Disney Visa Cardholders: 15% off
How to book the Character Couture Makeover
Currently, there is not an option to book online. You won’t be able to see this in your My Disney Experience app either, so make sure you note what time and location your appointment is for- you don’t want to get caught up in your meal at Whispering Canyon Cafe and miss your time.
The Character Couture phone number is (407) WDW-GLAM or (407) 939-4526.
There are four locations offering the makeovers at the Disney Resort hotels, so be sure to pick the one that best meets your planning needs.
- Ship Shape Salon at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- Ivy Trellis Salon at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- Salon by the Springs at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- La Vida Salon at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- In-Room Services available at some resorts. Call for assistance.
Character Couture Hairstyles
Here are a few of the Character Couture hairstyle options. This is just to give you an idea of what is possible, but I am convinced the stylists could work any kind of magic you wish!
Protip: Be sure to bring any additional props or add-ins that you might like. Be a little extra: you won’t regret it!
Woody/Jessie from Toy Story
The salons do have some items (such as princess tiaras and hair extensions) but if you want a specific look or item included, be sure to bring it along.
I fell in love with the tiny cowboy hat that I found in Epcot and brought an extra bandana in case the ladies had a use for it. They did: it was used to add an additional flourish to my cowboy hat fascinator! They just cut a few pieces out and included it in the hairstyle.
Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story
Tania from Lolalambchops.com was my partner in crime (as always!) and came dressed as Buzz Lightyear.
She brought her own purple bow to add to her hair, and we agreed that it sealed the deal on her look.
Character Couture Disney Princess Makeover for Adults
I loved the hairstyle they put together for Sherry’s makeover.
The back is a real stunner- wowza!
Karyn’s looks just as beautiful. I love the Disney princess makeover for adults!
These ladies let their inner regal shine through- and, sorry Duchess Meghan, I think they are rocking this look!
Character Couture Makeup Options
As I noted before, I went for “cute.” I didn’t want crazy dramatic eye makeup, because, well- that’s just not me.
And I didn’t think it was Woody/Jessie either, so that made sense to go a little lighter on Character Couture makeup option for me.
But I loved my eyes, loved the lashes they put on and adored the freckles! My favorite part of the makeup, though, was how she made my lips look like a cupie doll. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so adorable in my life!
Tania had a little galactic flourish to complete the Buzz Lightyear makeup. I loved how pretty she looked, but how clearly she represented Buzz.
This makeup was to Infinity and Beyond, for sure!
Character Couture Villain Makeup
Renee and Nas opted to show their dark side— and the stylists at Character Couture totally made these ladies look beautifully villainous.
Nas opted for an Ursula look- check out those eyelashes, y’all! I think they were a mile long.
But how hot was this?!
And Renee slayed as Gaston, my all-time favorite Disney meet and greet. If you ever get a chance to visit Gaston in the Magic Kingdom– DOOOO IT! He’s amazing—? and he will make sure you know that. Ha!
But Renee as Gaston- totally swoon-worthy. I am digging the eyes big time. This is going on my shortlist for a return visit to the Character Couture.
Character Couture Tips for the First Time Adult Princess
Here are a few tips I think could be helpful when you book your character couture experience. And trust me- this is an experience! Be prepared and you will have a wonderful time being made over like the Princess you are.
- The Character Couture is way more fun with friends! Make a mom/daughter experience out of it or add it to your next girlfriend getaway. This is also a fun way to remember your Disney vacation well after it is over- these pictures are going to be cherished!
- Plus your Princess Half Marathon Weekend. Ladies: this was a blast with my blogging besties and I think you’d love to do this during the runDisney Princess Half weekend. I can’t say I’d run in this makeup- at least not the half marathon! But it would sure be fun to do with your girls before hitting the Expo or as a celebration after the half. You might want to check out the “Everything runDisney” post I put together for all the deets on one of these weekends!
- Or make this part of your Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party costume. Halloween is one of the best times to visit the Disney parks; make your Disney Halloween party one to remember by visiting Character Couture for that adult makeover before your party this year.
- Arrive with clean, dry hair.
- Wear or bring your own foundation/base. The makeovers don’t include that level of makeup. Just lips and eyes!
- Disneybound your Character Couture look. Seriously… this was such a fun and easy part of my Character Couture makeover. I loved Disneybounding as Woody from Toy Story- and the stylists loved it too. They even helped me go that extra mile and helped write “Andy” on the bottom of my bootie.
- Speak up! Communication with your stylist is the key to happiness with the Character Couture packages. If you don’t like the direction things are going, ask for a correction. The stylists want you to be happy with your look. If its too much or not enough, ask for a change!
- Location, location, location! There are four Disney salons offering the services: pick the one that makes sense for your travel plans. We were heading right into Hollywood Studios for Toy Story Land after our makeovers, so booking at the Yacht Club locations made perfect sense.
And once your Adult Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover is complete, don’t forget to head over to one of the Disney Instagram walls for a fun pic. (There are new Instagram walls at Toy Story Land, too!).
Do it for the ‘Gram is my motto 😉
I can’t wait to see your Character Couture package makeovers. Use the hashtag #CharacterCouture on Instagram and I’ll be sure to give it a like!
More Disney Makeover Options
If you have a wee one, don’t fret! You can take them to Harmony Barbershop on Main Street for their first haircut.
Disneybounding is a blast- especially when you Disneybound for Dapper Day! Booking one of these makeovers would be ideal during a Dapper Day celebration.
I can only imagine how fierce a Character Couture as Loki would be. Here’s how you can Loki Disneybound on a budget.
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)