We know there are a lot of different ways to get around Walt Disney World. Busses, Boats, Monorails- and even Uber Orlando and Lyft Orlando! Lyft offers Disney’s Minnie Vans service and it’s fabulous! The service was currently limited to a handful of Deluxe resorts on property, but it’s expanded to all resorts. You can even take the Minnie Vans by Lyft from MCO.
I’ll be the first to admit I am kind of a snob when it comes to Walt Disney World Transportation.
While the busses are great, I avoid them at all costs.
I love the Monorail, but much prefer to walk to The Magic Kingdom when staying at the Contemporary Resort.
Disney’s Minnie Vans | Everything You Need To Know
When Disney announced that they were starting an exclusive Minnie Vans service I was excited. Especially because it utilizes the Lyft Orlando app (which I prefer over Uber Orlando, hands down).
Disney recently announced that the exclusive service is now available at all resorts.
Disney’s Minnie Vans Service: Sarah’s Opinion
Minnie Vans Cost
At $25 per ride, it’s not my first option when staying on property. The Minnie Vans service prices recently increased (February 2018) so this doesn’t help, tbh.
UPDATE: Starting September 14, 2018, the Minnie Vans pricing is changing. There will be a base price of $15 and a per mile charge of $2.75 on top of that.
Depending on where you are going, this might cost more than your previous Minnie Van trip.
I’m seeing reports that this pricing is now in place. Examples of costs that I’ve seen posted online are as follows:
- Contemporary to Boardwalk: $34
- Contemporary to Beach Club: $33
- Contemporary to Animal Kingdom: $39
It appears the pricing is $2.75 per mile plus the $15 base amount.
Regular Lyft example:
And now the Minnie Van comparison.
Minnie Vans Convenience
However, when I need to get from my resort to the expo pretty quickly with my husband and kids and stroller and giant stuffed stitch in tow… it’s a no-brainer.
We used it twice on our last family trip, and it was worth every penny.
Minnie Vans Service Example 1
Our driver suggested that we make a pit stop at the gas station on property to pick up some bottled waters for the kids, instead of spending 3x as much in the park.
Minnie Vans Service Example 2
My aunt (staying at Disney’s Pop Century Resort) texted us that she had been waiting about 20+ minutes for a bus and was afraid she’d be late meeting us… so our driver swooped by her resort to pick her up with us.
Minnie Vans Service Example 3
The music. The music is amazing.
Disney – offer a way for me to buy this for my own Minnie Van. I will.
Disney’s Minnie Vans Service: Available Resorts
You can currently get the Minnie Van service at all Disney resorts.
That’s a fairly recent change as of this update (summer 2018) so it’s exciting news!
I love that you can now access the Minnie Vans all over the Disney World resort. It’s a perfect way to get from resort to resort for the new Disney World fun runs being offered around property!
Minnie Vans at Other Disney Area Resorts
New this week: Minnie Vans are available at additional Disney area resorts.
You can now utilize the service from the following locations:
- Bonnet Creek resorts
- Flamingo Crossings resort
- Hotel Plaza Boulevard resorts
Disney’s Minnie Vans Service From MCO Airport
So taking the Magical Express doesn’t sound like your jam.
I get it. Sometimes I don’t want to wait for the free transportation option either.
I mean, the churros aren’t going to eat themselves!
Recently, Lyft expanded the Minnie Vans service to and from MCO airport. This means you can schedule a ride in one of these cute vans through Disney Guest services and Lyft.
- The ride costs a flat fee of $150 each way. One way rides are available; you are not required to book a round trip Minnie Van on Lyft Orlando.
- Booking is not available on the App. At least now when I’ve looked. But you can call Disney World Guest Services and arrange the ride in advance.
- The driver will meet you at baggage claim when you arrive in MCO. That’s a nice extra!
- Cancellation for the Minnie Van from MCO is One Day prior to the trip.
- You will need a few things when you make your Minnie Van reservation:
– Your Contact Info (Email Address & Phone)
– Disney World Reservation Info
– Flight Info
– How many bags you will be traveling with
– How many people in the party
– How many car seats needed
– Credit Card for payment
- You will receive an email confirming your trip and payment; so be on the lookout for that!
- And the biggest reason you might want to take a Minnie Van to MCO with Lyft Orlando? You get to choose your departure time (unlike Disney’s Magical Express). The recommended time is 2 hours before flight departure.
More Disney Posts You Will Love
Sarah is a minivan driving, coffee drinking, runDisney running, business owning, Netflix watching, mother of two little girls. She married her big burly husband, Brandon, 8 years ago in a small chapel in Maui. Then she had 2 babies in 2 years – Evelyn and Olivia. She lives way too close to her parents, and her toenails are always painted red.