Do you have visions of Hershey’s Kisses dancing in your head? I know I do! This year is the first year my family is going to check out a Hersheypark Christmas- and we can’t wait! What’s on our list of things to do in for Christmas in Hershey, PA? Um… everything! But here are a few of the highlights we don’t want to miss- and you shouldn’t either! Hersheypark Christmas kicks off November 16, 2018 and runs through January 1, 2019.
What To Expect From a Hersheypark Christmas
I know we’re talking Halloween right now, and that Thanksgiving needs to reclaim some time as well, but I’m not going to pretend that Christmas at Hersheypark doesn’t have my attention!
We have a room booked at the Hotel Hershey, tickets for all the fun, and the dates circled in red and green on our calendar.
Do you plan on hitting up Hersheypark for Christmas this year? Not sure?
Well, maybe I can help convince Santa to send you to Hershey, PA this winter!
Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
This is the 35th anniversary year of Hersheypark Christmas Candylane- and it’s going to be huge!
How huge? Over 50 rides (weather permitting, of course!) including 40 rides for children and six roller coasters will be open for guests during the Christmastime festivities.
Roller coasters scheduled to be open:
- Cocoa Cruiser
- Wild Mouse
- Laff Trakk
There’s also going to be four million sparkling lights located throughout Hersheypark amusement park, plus the dazzling NOEL light show choreographed with holiday music.
I cannot wait to experience all of this!
Did someone say Santa? THEY DID!
Santa and his nine reindeer make a special stop every year at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane.
You can visit the Jolly Big Guy during operating hours and I’m taking the kids to the reindeer stables to meet Rudolph!
Plus, it wouldn’t be a trip to Hersheypark without hot chocolate. Yes, Hershey Hot Chocolate!
Christmas Candylane Details
- Christmas Candylane begins Friday, November 16 and is open on select dates through Tuesday, January 1, 2019
- online tickets are less than $20 when guests purchase tickets online before November 20.
- For operational hours and dates, visit www.Hersheypark.com.
Hershey Sweet Lights
One of our favorite family traditions is driving through Christmas light displays.
Hershey Sweet Lights are ones we aren’t going to miss!
There are two miles of lighted displays- seen from the warm interior of our trusted minivan. This is how I love to celebrate the holidays (inside the warm Honda ha!).
I might be most excited about seeing the Hershey Sweet Lights!
Hershey Sweet Lights Details
- Hershey Sweet Lights begins Friday, November 16 and is open daily through Tuesday, January 1, 2019.
- For operational hours and dates visit www.Hersheypark.com.
Hershey PA Christmas Entertainment
There’s more than just Santa Claus coming to town!
November and December will be hopping in Hershey, PA. Check out this amazing lineup of shows coming to the area.
- Captain Scott Kelly: The Sky is Not the Limit – November 10 at Hershey Theatre
- Mannheim Steamroller Christmas – November 30 at Hershey Theatre
- Jason Mraz – December 2 at Hershey Theatre
- A Charlie Brown Christmas – December 5 and 6 at Hershey Theatre
- Hershey Symphony presents Holiday Spectacular – December 8 at Hershey Theatre
- Straight No Chaser – December 9 at Hershey Theatre
- Chris Tomlin – December 15 at Hershey Theatre
- Jewel’s 2018 Holiday Homecoming – December 16 at Hershey Theatre
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra Presents The Ghosts of Christmas Eve – December 16 at Giant Center arena
- CYPB’s “The Nutcracker” – December 22 and 23 at Hershey Theatre
Need tickets? Head over to www.HersheyEntertainment.com for ticket prices and more information on these exciting shows coming to town!
As I said, I’m currently planning out Halloween costumes, but man, I can’t wait to experience a Hersheypark Christmas this year!
It all looks so sparkly and fun- who else is heading to Hershey, PA for Christmas this year?
Need More Hershey PA Posts? Check These Out!
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)