We all love Buddy the Elf from the movie. Face it: it’s one of the most quotable holiday movies of all time. We don’t know about you, but even when it’s the heat of the summer, we find a way to use ninny muggins in our daily vocab. Make sure you get these lines of dialogue from the movie right. Here are some of the best Elf movie quotes from Buddy, his dad Walter, and even Santa. WE KNOW HIM!
About Elf (2003)
One Christmas Eve a long time ago, a baby crawled into Santa’s bag of toys…
Raised as an elf, Buddy (Will Ferrell) grows into an adult three times larger than the biggest elf–and realizes that he will never truly fit in at the North Pole.
This holiday season, Buddy goes looking for his true place in the world–in New York City.
Buddy finds his workaholic father (James Caan)–who’s on Santa’s “naughty” list, a new mother (Mary Steenburgen) and a 10-year-old brother who doesn’t believe in Santa Claus or elves.
Here, now, Buddy discovers his destiny–to save Christmas for New York and the world!
Watch the Elf trailer here.
Read the parents guide for Elf here.
Elf Movie Cast
There was never a more perfectly cast holiday movie than this one!
Check out the stars from the Elf movie cast list below:
- Will Ferrell – Buddy
- James Caan- Walter
- Bob Newhart- Papa Elf
- Edward Asner- Santa
- Mary Steenburgen- Emily
- Zooey Deschanel- Jovie
- Daniel Tay- Michael
- Faizon Love- Gimbel’s Manager
- Peter Dinklage- Miles Finch
- Amy Sedaris- Deb
- Michael Lerner- Fulton
- Andy Richter- Morris
- Kyle Gass- Eugene
- Artie Lange- Gimbel’s Santa
Elf Movie Quotes- Don’t Be A Cotton-Headed Ninny Muggins!
- Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color? – Buddy
- I just like to smile, smiling’s my favorite. – Buddy
- I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel. -Buddy
- Well, there are some things you should know. First off, if you see gum on the street, leave it there. It isn’t free candy. Second, there are, like, thirty Ray’s Pizzas. They all claim to be the original. But the real one’s on 11th. And if you see a sign that says Peep Show, that doesn’t mean that they’re letting you look at the new toys before Christmas. – Santa movie quotes from Elf
- Santa! Oh, my God! Santa’s coming! I know him! I know him! – Buddy
- Francisco! That’s fun to say! Francisco. Frannn-cisco. Fran-cis-cooo. – Elf movie quotes from Buddy
- You did it! Congratulations! World’s best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! – Buddy
- Why don’t you just say it? I’m the worst toy maker in the world. I am a cotton-headed ninny-muggins. -Buddy the Elf quotes
- The best way to spread Christmas cheer is by singing loud for all to hear! – Jovy the movie Elf quotes
- I’ll put in a good word with the big man. -Buddy the movie Elf quotes
- You know Buddy, your father, he’s on the Naughty List. -Santa
- Bye Buddy, I hope you find your dad. -Narwhale quote from Elf
- You believed in me. You made my sleigh fly! -Elf movie quotes from Santa
- Does somebody need a hug? -Buddy
- We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup. -Buddy
- I’m in love, I’m in love, and I don’t care who knows it. -Buddy
- You stink. You smell like beef and cheese. You don’t smell like Santa. -Buddy
- Oh, I forgot to give you a hug. -Buddy
- He’s an angry elf. -Buddy the movie Elf quotes
- You sit on a throne of lies. -Buddy
- Son of a nutcracker! -Buddy
- I’m sorry I ruined your lives and crammed 11 cookies into the VCR. -Elf movie quotes from Buddy
I Love You, Dad Lyrics: Elf Song
One of the absolute BEST moments is when Buddy bursts into Walter’s office and sings him this song during Elf.
Relive these I Love You, Dad lyrics from Elf (we dare you not to sing loud so all can hear!)
I’m… I’m here with my dad.
And we never met.
And he wants me to sing him a song.
And, um, I was adopted.
But you didn’t know I was born. So I’m here now.
I found you, Daddy. And guess what?
I love you. I love you. I LOVE YOU!Buddy The Elf- I Love You, Dad Lyrics From Elf
More TV and Movie Quotes Like Elf
- Quotes From House Of The Dragon
- Gripping Movie Quotes from Beast (2022)
- Creepy & Kooky Addams Family Quotes From Wednesday Series On Netflix
- Clever Quotes From SheHulk: Attorney at Law On Disney+
- Carnivorous Movie Quotes From Prey (2022)
- Movie Quotes From Bodies Bodies Bodies
- Movie Quotes From Bullet Train
- Texas-Sized Vengeance Movie Quotes
- List of Ricky and EJ’s ‘Dad’ Jokes From HSMTMTS
- Nope Spoilers Without Context Memes
- Quotes From High School Musical The Musical The Series Season 3
Patty Holliday is the owner and creator of all things No-Guilt Universe. As a lifelong fangirl and pop culture connoisseur, she’s been creating online since 2009. You can find her work at No-Guilt Disney.com, No-Guilt Fangirl.com, No-Guilt Life, and as host of the top-rated No-Guilt Disney Podcast.