Dream vacations, eh? I could probably come up with quite a list of places that I’d love to visit.
But as you know I’m a bit of a Disney fan, and there are a couple of Disney locations I haven’t visited, so this list is going to be about those.
Assume of course we’d have plenty of time to explore the surrounding areas and non-Disney attractions. I mean, I’m not a total heathen; I’d love to spend some time seeing the history of the world.
- Disneyland Paris. My husband was overseas last year and made a one day trip to Paris. Because I made him. I was dying to get a report from Disneyland Paris, and since I don’t even have a passport right now (I know, I know!), he got the nod. He’s not the Disney fan that I am, but he was up for the task. He said it wasn’t anywhere as nice as the American parks, hated the smokers (sorry, Europe!), but loved Space Mountain. He says I don’t need to visit, but you know, I disagree. runDisney Paris 2017— I’m still wishing on that star!
- Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo DisneySea. I’ve always been fascinated with Japan, ever since I was a little girl. Going there would be on ANY dream vacation list, but you know, if there’s a Disney park thrown into the mix, I’m all over that action.
- Shanghai Disney Resort. This is the newest park and friends that have gone said it’s spectacular. I saw a bit of information about it at D23 last summer.
I am NOT as jazzed about this one. I’ve heard it’s out in the middle of nowhere, and it takes an hour via a scary bus ride (roads not the best) just to get from nearest city to the park. But the biggest draw for me- besides being Disney? The TRON Lightcycle Power Run attraction looks crazy cool.
- Hong Kong Disneyland Resort. I need to see this version of Sleeping Beauty’s castle. Since I adore the #tinycastle in my home park of Disneyland, I know it would feel like home- sorta. Or I might react like this.
- Aulani Resort. My favorite resort at Walt Disney World is the Polynesian Village Resort. When I got to stay there (once!) I likened it to a cheaper version of a Disney-Hawaiian vacation. It was the whole package for me: Disney plus Hawaii. Goals achieved. Or so I thought.
Disney had to plus things, as they do, and create a Disney-Hawaiian vacation. Though not quite as cheap. Ahem. But it’s my #1 dream to visit and spend a week there. If you have been, go ahead and regale me with tales of perfection. I can take it. Oh- and of course, if your dream is to go there too: I can help with that! #TravelAgent
Do you have a dream Disney park? What is on your top five vacations list?
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)