The 2018 summer season kicked off at Hersheypark on April 27, and you don’t want to miss out on the family fun in Hershey, PA! What’s up at Hersheypark? Everything! And I’m not just talking about the coasters. Here’s what you need to know about Hersheypark tickets including Hersheypark season pass, Hersheypark hours, and hotels near Hersheypark!
Get Hersheypark Happy!
One of my favorite places to take my family is just a short 2-hour drive from the Washington, DC area for me. I fell in love with Hersheypark as a first-timer last year.
Here’s everything you need to know to enjoy Hersheypark this summer.
Where is Hersheypark?
Located in the lovely town of Hershey, PA is where you will find the fabulous Hersheypark, Zoo America, The Boardwalk, and Hershey’s Chocolate World.
Hershey, PA is pretty drivable for families on the northeast coast!
- 90 minutes from Philadelphia and Baltimore
- 2 hours from Washington DC
- 3 hours from New York City
We’re heading up in a few weeks to celebrate my daughter’s 7th birthday because all she wants is chocolate & to ride the train inside the park. Done and done, my girl!
Hersheypark is open for the summer! The season kicked off on April 27th and runs through September 30th. Here are the Hersheypark hours for your sweet summer planning purposes.
- Hersheypark hours in May are limited. Until May 20th, it’s open on Fridays and Sundays from 10am to 8pm. Saturdays from 10am to 10pm.
- May 24th open 10am to 8pm
- May 25-May 27 10am to 10pm
- May 28-May 31 10am to 8pm
- June 1: parks are open daily! The hours can vary, but 10am to 10pm is the standard operating times except for Saturdays. You get an extra hour of fun on Summer Saturdays when Hersheypark is open from 10am to 11pm.
Be sure to check the park operating calendar before you go!
Yes, you need tickets to enter Hersheypark. The cool thing is that you get so much more than just roller coasters when you purchase your Hersheypark tickets.
You also get entrance to ZooAmerica, an awesome 11-acre walk-thru zoo in the heart of Hershey, PA with over 200 animals. This is a highlight of every trip with my family, so don’t miss it!
Entrance to The Boardwalk at Hersheypark is also included with your Hersheypark ticket. We missed visiting this one last year, but you can bet we won’t make that mistake especially since there’s a new water coaster, Breakers Edge, opening soon!
There are over 16 water attractions at this water park with 1.1 million gallons of water gushing throughout! A perfectly cool place to take the family and chill out!
Hersheypark tickets are a great deal if you buy online through 6/30: everyone pays kids prices!
- 1-day tickets $44.95; Senior Plus (70+) $28.95
- 2-day tickets $66
- 3-day tickets Regular Ages 9-54 $125; Junior Ages 3-8 $97.75; Senior Ages 55-69 $97.75
- Sunset tickets (valid after 4pm when the park closes at 8pm; or after 5pm when the park closes at 10 or 11pm.) Regular Ages 9-54 $31.95; Junior Ages 3-8 $27.95; Senior Ages 55-69 $27.95; Senior Plus (70+) $19.95
Hersheypark Season Pass
This is my favorite Hersheypark ticket option! Go all season long and ride all the rides over and over and over again. My kids are geeking out over our Hersheypark season pass- and I won’t lie, I am too.
- Regular Ages 9-54 $170
- Junior Ages 3-8 $155
- Senior Ages 55+ $155
A Hersheypark season pass purchase includes fun all summer long. Check out all the perks of becoming a Hersheypark season passholder!
- New for 2018! Unlimited rides on Breakers Edge Water Coaster and Whitecap Racer!
- FREE Parking (HELLO!!! This is a huge perk!)
- 15% off food & merchandise
- Unlimited Visits during 2018 Springtime In The Park
- Unlimited Visits during 2018 Summer Season
- Unlimited Visits during 2018 Hersheypark In The Dark
- Unlimited Visits during 2018 Hersheypark Christmas Candylane
- 1-hour early access with Hersheypark Sweet Start
- Invitation to Exclusive Season Pass Holder Events
- Unlimited Year-Round Visits to ZooAmerica
- Exclusive Monthly Emails Sign Up Now
- Early access booking on private cabanas at The Boardwalk At Hersheypark
- Hersheypark Season Pass Value Book
Hotels Near Hersheypark
There are a ton of options when you are looking for places to stay in Hershey, PA.
I love the three official Hersheypark resorts, but really, the whole town is hospitable & you’ll be welcome at any of the local hotels near Hersheypark.
If you can, my vote is to stay at the Hotel Hershey or Hershey Lodge when you are in town.
Hotels Near Hersheypark: Hotel Hershey
Hotel Hershey has the elegance and comfort of a 4-star hotel and is one of the closest hotels near Hersheypark.
The rooms are lovely, the staff accommodating, and the views will take your breath away! Here’s a quick video of one of the rooms we toured at the Hotel Hershey.
And did I mention the Chocolate Spa? Oh yeah- there’s that sweet treat as well. Ladies, if you are ever looking for a Mother’s Day or girls getaway: this is one of the hotels near Hersheypark that I’d say you MUST try out.
Hotels Near Hersheypark: The Hershey Lodge
But for food and family fun, my vote is to stay at the Hershey Lodge. This is one of the hotels near Hersheypark that I can’t wait to go back to visit!
Because: indoor waterpark. Yup, that and two of my favorite restaurants in Hershey, PA are located on property here!
Be sure to eat at Fire and Grain at least once and don’t forget to stop in at the Bears’ Den for your sports fans.
Hersheypark Tips & More
Hersheypark is a fun family-friendly theme park in Hershey, PA. It has everything your fam wants and more!
Hersheypark is for Runners
The Hershey Half Marathon is now open- sign up and run one of the sweetest courses you’ll ever see. You get to go through the town of Hershey and through Hersheypark, which is super fun.
And I have 5 reasons why runners love Hershey, PA. Let me know if you agree!
If you’re new to Hersheypark, you need all the tips you can get!
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)