As a generation, Gen X isn’t known for nostalgia. But when we get some fan service sent our way, we do appreciate it. And there’s a lot to appreciate in this movie! Here are the Ghostbusters: Afterlife easter eggs and callbacks from the original Ghostbusters movie that you WILL love to see. Obviously: SPOILERS * SPOILERS * SPOILERS to follow.
About Ghostbusters: Afterlife
When a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original Ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind.
More Posts You’ll Want to Read
Watch the Ghostbusters Afterlife trailer here.
Ghostbusters: Afterlife Easter Eggs and Callbacks From The OG
Alright- just a reminder- spoilers (MASSIVE ONES) from the movie are in this post.
So if you want to back out, save and come back later, we totally get it.
But if you are thinking— did I miss anything?
Here are all the Ghostbusters: Afterlife easter eggs and callbacks from the original Ghostbusters movie we could find!
- Ghost Traps
- Egon’s ghost detector – PKE meter
- Fire pole used to get into the basement
- Mr. Grooberson’s one shoulder look at the end of the movie is similar to Dana’s
- Ivo Shandor is the creator of the high rise in NYC and founder of Summerville
- Ghostbuster’s uniforms in the closet
- Janine visiting (What do ya want?)
- Nestle Crunch Bar in Egon’s uniform (Here, you’ve earned this… – Venmkman from the original)
- Ratty arm chair Egon dies in- similar attack as Dana’s
- Book of Revelations is highlighted at the Dirt Farm and was discussed in the original Ghostbuster’s film
- Ray also has that chaper tattooed on his arm
More Callbacks and Easter Eggs from Ghostbusters
- Proton Packs
- YouTube video of the original Ghostbuster’s commercial
- Muncher- the new Slimer.
- Extra “Frozen” easter egg found in Ghostbusters: Afterlife— Muncher is voiced by Olaf, aka, Josh Gad (in credits)
- Mini- Stay Puft Marshmallow Men
- Terror Dog statue in the Farm House
- Side of a buidling has a Stay Puft advertisement mural painted on it
- Twinkie in glove box – callback to the original Ghostbusters where Egon explains PKE
- Louis’ colander helmet- Podcast puts it on
- Crossing the streams with the proton packs
- Who ya gonna call? said by the Sherrif- quote in Ghostbusters: Afterlife is a callback to the famous theme song.
- “Ray’s Occult- and we’re closed”. Ray’s book store from Ghostbusters 2
- Ray Stantz, Peter Venkmen, and Winston Zeddemore all show up at the end of the movie
- There is no Mom, there is only Zuul. – Callie (the mom) says it this time
- Callie also wears a glittery dress like Dana did as a callback to the original Ghostbusters
- ‘Are you a God?’ – Gozer — (Peter and Winston yell)- RAY!
- Podcast is covered in Marshamallow like Ray in the original
- A Jedi-ghost like appearance happens as well that really melted our hearts
- Dana Barret in end credit scenes
- Firehouse is shown in end credits
Did we miss any Easter eggs or callbacks in Ghostbusters: Afterlife?