If you’re like me, you’ve probably been wondering, “When’s National Donut Day again?” TODAY. TODAY, is THE DAY my friends! National Donut Day 2018 is here! Here’s your guide to celebrating National Donut Day with donut freebies & specials, donut memes, cake donuts recipes, and a donut craft or two. Affiliate links included in this post.
As much as I love a rockin’ cupcake, the fried sugary goodness of a classic donut will always have my heart. Today is the day to celebrate all things donut and I, for one, plan to break my keto diet and have a “carb reload” day. Ahem. Sure, that’s what we’re calling it. Let’s go with that.
Here’s your guide to celebrating National Donut Day 2018.
Guide to National Donut Day 2018
My kids are already asking if they can go to school late tomorrow because they know what’s up. Free donut day 2018 kicks off bright and early!
Fun fact: National Donut Day started in 1938. It began as a way to thank the World War I Donut Lassies, the Salvation Army volunteers who gave a little taste of home to the troops by way of fresh donuts. So really, you should participate as it is the patriotic, as well as delicious, thing to do.
Free Donut Day
Want to score free donuts? Yup, me too. Because the only thing better than a hot, fresh donut is a hot, fresh FREE donut in my book. And June 1 is free donut day so let’s do this!
Where to get a Free Donut on National Donut Day 2018
- Walmart– 1.2 million donuts will walk out the door with Walmart shoppers. Free glazed donut and available all across the US.
- Krispy Kreme– everyone gets a free donut! Any donut, any location. So, yeah, stop number 1.
- Dunkin’ Donuts– free donut with purchase of any beverage. You are probably cruising in for that Dunkies coffee anyway, so show up early and get a donut for free (before they run out!) Even more fun? The first 10,000 people who use code “DUNKINDONUTS18” on their Lyft app get a free ride to Dunkin’!
- Cumberland Farms– Stop in for a fountain drink, walk out with one free donut from 5 am to 10 am. DONE!
- Shiply Do-Nuts– free glazed donut with any purchase.
- Papa John’s– donut holes are new on the menu starting June 2. But you can try them for FREE on June 1. Friday nights are pizza nights around here- so we’ll be grabbing the free donut holes with our online purchase on National Donut Day. Thanks, Papa!
- Edible Arrangements– sure, why not? They are giving away free donuts in their stores for National Donut Day 2018. Pick up one of the awesome chocolate dipped fruit baskets while you’re at it!
- Burger King– yeah, this is a stretch, but here you go. Pick up a”Whopper Donut,” which is just a Whopper with the center cut out. Annndd… you get the “free” center as a mini slider. Um… nice try, there, BK.
- Voodoo Donut in Universal Studios Hollywood City Walk is offering a special donut for the weekend. While it’s not free, it sounds pretty sweet! Head over for your exclusive Strawberry Confetti doughnut from June 1-3.
Make Your Own Donuts With These Donut Recipes
I know some of you out there aren’t about that commercial donut life. You’re looking for the real deal; the donuts that make you think of mom and those early Saturday mornings when she’d fry or bake you up a batch. Your mom did that, right? Mine did- because she’s pretty much the best mom ever!
If making your own donut is on the agenda for National Donut Day 2018, check out these options.
Cake Donuts Recipes
I love these easy cake donuts recipes. Look, if I can make them, YOU can make them! And of course, they are themed to some of my favorite superheroes. That’s how this No-Guilt Mom rolls.
Here are a few supplies you might want to pick up from Amazon through my affiliate link.
Check out the Incredible Hulk Cake Donuts Recipe and be prepared to Hulk out over how awesome this one tastes (and looks!) And if you aren’t into the Incredible Hulk from the Marvel Avengers movies, you can also call these Mardi Gras Donuts. I won’t tell him. 😉
And speaking of Incredible things… you know there’s this little movie coming out in a few weeks, right? The Parr family is going back to work in Incredibles 2 movie- coming to theaters nationwide on June 15. I’m covering everything Incredibles and Pixar here on the blog, so be sure to come back to learn more.
But until then— make these Incredibles 2 Cake Donuts for National Donut Day 2018!
This is new to me, but looks ah-mazing! Check out this killer fastnacht recipe from Savoring the Good. Sarah is a talented cook and I really wish she lived a little closer to me because: I NEED THIS IN MY BELLY.
This looks delicious and, speaking of the Mardi Gras donut above, this fits right in there!
4th of July Donut
Don’t blink; 4th of July will be here before you know it! We’re doing a Washington DC 4th of July again this year (SO COOL!) – hope you guys have some great plans too. And when it rolls around, I hope you have a happy celebration and you should probably start off with one of these Grand Old Flag donuts.
Don’t they look wonderful?
Also Awesome: Captain America Donuts
What can I say? I just love the Marvel movies so much around here. And Cap is my fave. So when my friend posted these Captain America donuts, I knew I had to share them too.
Cap: we’re with you ’til the end of the line or til these donuts are gone.
Donut Crafts and Donut Memes
I know Valentine’s Day is not super close or anything, so you might just want to check these out and Pin for later. But how cute are these free printable Valentine’s cards? You “donut” want to miss out on them next year!
My daughter took them to school this year and they were a hit! She included some fun donut erasers from Amazon.
Free Printable Shark Fin For Your Donut
This was super cute, too. Alison from AllForTheBoys.com created these free printable shark fin picks, which are perfect to put on top of a cute ocean themed donut.
I could see this working swimmingly as part of a kids birthday party or end of school year swimming party. Dun-dun-dun-dun…
Polish Off theDay With Your Favorite Donut Meme
From Infinity War Spoiler Memes to Star Wars Memes and Funny 4th of July Memes… I love memes. You love memes. We all love memes! So, of course, it was natural that I’d share a few favorite donut meme on this post.
You’re welcome. And if you have more to share, “donut” hesitate to Donut meme away! Hit me up on Facebook or Twitter and I’d love to see what you’ve got.
You can’t NOT be happy with a donut in your sights. At least that’s a philosophy that’s gotten me through my many years of life!
Feel free to take that one on yourself.
True story. Not even a little bit. Not even at all.
Awwww, yeah! The Hey Girl is making a comeback on National Donut Day with this donut meme!
Okay, so maybe not, but is there ever a bad reason to see Ryan smiling at us? Yeah, I didn’t think so either. Hey Girl…
And the ultimate donut meme star: you can’t say donuts around this house without saying, “Mmmmmm…. donuts….” ala Homer Simpson.