Now that it’s officially October, let’s get down to business! If you’re looking for ways to Halloween in Hershey, I’ve got you covered with all kinds of things to do in Hershey PA. On the top of that list: Hersheypark in the Dark! Here’s what you need to know about visiting Hershey this month.
Ghosts like chocolate too!
At least, that’s what I hear when it comes to celebrating Halloween in Hershey.
There’s a trip on our calendar and I can’t wait to enjoy, oh, just about everything here. And I can’t think of a sweeter place to go for Halloween than Hersheypark.
I’ve picked out a few things you might want to add to your itinerary, too.
Be sure to check out this post if you are a Hersheypark first timer.
Great tips for your first trip to Chocolatetown!
Halloween in Hershey | Hersheypark in the Dark
Let’s get to Hershey, PA and see what kind of spooky fun we can get to this month.
I’m going to guess there WILL be chocolate. I mean, that’s a pretty good guess, eh? Ha!
When is Halloween in Hersheypark?
Don’t blink or you’ll miss it!
Halloween in Hersheypark is open for a few select nights in October and November. Visit Hersheypark from Friday through Sunday on the following dates:
- October 19 – 29
- November 2-4
Hersheypark In The Dark
This is one of the seasonal events at Hersheypark.
Hersheypark In The Dark Halloween offers more than 55 rides and attractions and entertainment. What you need to know:
- Adult tickets are just $39.95
- Kids ages 3-8 are $29.95
- 13 roller coasters will be open (weather permitting!)
- Ride the wooden coasters in the dark- like, all the way in the dark! Hersheypark will turn off the lights on its three wooden coasters during the last hour of each evening.
- More dark fun? The indoor Laff Trakk coaster will be dark throughout the Park operating hours.
- 13 candy locations on the Trick-or-Treat Trail (zomg! Hershey candy, y’all, the GOOD stuff!)
- Children ages 12 and younger are encouraged to come in costume!
- New this year: Character Glow Party. The Hershey Characters are dressing in costume too. LOVE IT!
- Live entertainment including the Screaming Mummies band.
- All the fall park food you can imagine: pumpkin funnel cakes, pumpkin roll ice cream sandwiches, pumpkin dipped cheesecake…. seriously. I am down for ALL of this goodness.
- New this year: Special hops and harvest menu from Spring Creek Smokehouse and Country Grille unique to each weekend; offering a feast of fall and beer/cider flights in the new Yuengling 1829 Patio & Pavilion, with live entertainment on Saturday evenings.
For more information, head over to www.Hersheypark.com
Creatures Of The Night at ZooAmerica
One of the ways Hersheypark stands out in value for our family is that ZooAmerica is included in the price of admission to Hersheypark in the Dark Halloween.
And during normal operating hours as well!
This year, you are invited to bring a flashlight for the Creatures of the Night experience program that starts after 6pm.
Halloween at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark
When it comes to excellent customer service and the full Hershey, PA experience, I can’t recommend staying at one of the official resorts of Hershey park enough!
Both the Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge offer “Hersheypark Happy Halloween” and “Hersheypark In The Dark” packages during the Halloween season (October 19-November 4).
Packages include deluxe accommodations for one or two nights, breakfast with Hershey’s Characters, admission to Hersheypark In The Dark Halloween seasonal event for one or two days, admission to Hershey Gardens and admission to the Museum Experience at The Hershey Story Museum.
Seriously, the value for a long weekend to spend a Halloween in Hershey is plussed when you stay at one of these hotels!
Halloween at Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction
This is always a must-stop for any Hershey trip.
And I can’t see a Halloween Hersheypark visit being any different!
At Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction, guests enjoy festive fall fun during Full Moon Fridays (Oct. 9, 26 and Nov. 2) and new surprises in Hershey Hallow.
Don’t forget your costumes!
Alright, Halloween in Hershey and Hersheypark in the Dark, I’m ready for you! Let’s make this Halloween the sweetest one yet.
More Hershey Posts You’ll Love
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)