Muppets Haunted Mansion is a love letter to the spooky and creepy lovers of the ride at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Bonus: the Muppets make it that much more awesome. There are a ton of nods to the attraction that true Haunted Mansion fans will go gaga over! How many of these Haunted Mansion Easter Eggs from Muppets Haunted Mansion did you spot? We got close to 999, but there’s room for 1 more! (ok, so not quite 999 but you know it had to be said!) ps check out the parent movie review: Is Muppets Haunted Mansion Too Scary For Kids?
About Muppets Haunted Mansion
The Great Gonzo – world famous daredevil artiste, has done it all, seen it all, and survived it all. But on Halloween night, the fearless Gonzo takes on the greatest challenge of his life by spending one very daring night in the most grim grinning place on Earth …The Haunted Mansion.
Inspired by all four of the iconic Disney Haunted Mansion attractions located across the globe at various Disney Parks, the “Muppets Haunted Mansion” includes many hidden easter eggs for Disney fans and “Muppet-ized” sets and props that help immerse viewers in the storytelling experience.
This marks the Muppets’ first-ever Halloween special and features three new original songs, “Rest In Peace,” “Life Hereafter” and “Tie The Knot Tango”, a star-studded Muppets cast, celebrity cameos, and spooky fun for families to enjoy together.
Watch the Muppets Haunted Mansion trailer here.
Haunted Mansion Easter Eggs From Muppets Haunted Mansion
Welcome, Foolish Muppets!
That’s just the start of the Haunted Mansion Easter Eggs you’ll love in the movie!
It’s honestly a love letter to the attraction, as told through the Muppets- which is a combination that we didn’t know we needed.
But we CLEARLY needed this one!
There are tons of direct and indirect moments that highlight Haunted Mansion easter eggs in Muppets Haunted Mansion.
Here’s a list (to be updated upon further viewings, so feel free to leave any we left off in the comments!)
- The tombstones in the attraction queue are in the graveyard scene.
- We get a full song from the Caretaker (and the dog- shaking, even!) highlighting many familiar tombstones with a ton of celebrity cameos in Muppets Haunted Mansion
- The Graveyard Opera Singer is given her moment to shine.
- The Grim Grinning Ghost Singing Busts come out to harmonize!
- You can hear the Haunted Mansion music in the background as the Ghost Host explains the Halloween Challenge to Gonzo
- You know how people recite the stretching room script? Yup, that happens here to thanks to the Ghost Host filling in the part of the local APs
- Stretching room photos are now muppets
- the portraits change with the lightning
- The knight’s of armor are seen (and even lash out a bit!)
- The famous Haunted Mansion wallpaper has been muppetized!
- The spinning clock is seen as Gonzo checks out a door
- Doors creak and the knockers beat against the doors, just like on the ride
- Ghostwriter busts: Bunson and Beeker are there to follow Gonzo as he walks through the hall
More Haunted Mansion Easter Eggs
- Madame Pigota- we just died! She’s not trying to be scary and serious but she is nailing her rhythms!
- There are a few references in Piggy’s version with requests for tambourines to call the spirits. Check out all the Madame Pigota quotes from Muppets Haunted Mansion here.
- If you are a BIG DISNEY FAN then you recognized this amazingly perfect cameo: Imagineer Kim Irvine plays a Haunted Mansion maid called in to clean up Piggy’s glass. Irvine is also the daughter of Imagineer Leota Toombs who was the original model for Madame Leota’s floating head. Kim has reportedly filled in when updates to the ride have been needed.
- The table is set the same as on the attraction in the Ballroom Scene.
- The ghost heads come out of the organ pipes.
- Sam Eagle plays one of the dueling ghosts.
- The hallway where Sweetums pushes us down is the same hallway we are riding on during the ride.
- Fozzie the Bear plays the Hatbox Ghost
- A Floating Candelabra guides Gonzo through the house at times.
- Statler and Waldorf are seen throughout the show in a Doom Buggy.
- The Doom Buggy stops at one point and the all too familiar recording is played “We will proceed in just a moment.”
- Gonzo and Pepe are flung through the attic window, which is what you do when your doom buggy leaves the attic and turns backward. If you look to your right, you can see the broken window you just exited.
- Constance Hatchaway – glowing heart and everything! – is in the attic, along with her 5 necklaces reflecting her 5 husbands.
- The attraction artifacts make an appearance such as the portraits with her husbands and her axe.
- Constance steals Little Leota’s phrase from the end of the attraction: Hurry Back, Hurry Back!
- After Gonzo and Pepe are safe in the limo and heading home, they discover that three ghosts are following them home: Phineas, Ezra and Gus.
More Easter Egg Posts You’ll Love
Patty Holliday is the owner and creator of all things No-Guilt Universe. As a lifelong fangirl and pop culture connoisseur, she’s been creating online since 2009. You can find her work at No-Guilt Disney.com, No-Guilt Fangirl.com, No-Guilt Life, and as host of the top-rated No-Guilt Disney Podcast.