Here’s some info for my running friends. This is the sweetest news of the year: registration is now open for the 2019 Hershey Half Marathon- which is also the 10th anniversary of the race. Here’s everything you need to know about your next run through Chocolate Town.
How do I love Hershey, Pennsylvania?
Let me count the ways… spoiler alert: it all involves chocolate, because, duh. Have you met me?
Last year was my first visit to Hershey and I fell immediately in love with this place. Obviously, chocolate played a huge role there, but so did all the people and the story behind the town.
Hershey Park is such a fantastic family experience- and I put together 11 Hershey Park tips that you might want to check out if you’re heading that direction this year.
2019 Hershey Half Marathon Details
Hershey Half Marathon sweet deets:
- The 2019 Hershey Half Marathon is running on October 20, 2019, at 7:30 AM in Hershey, PA
- Costs from May 1 – June 9: $85
- Costs from June 10 – event (or until sold out): $95
- Race registration cost includes race registration, two (2) tickets to Hersheypark In The Dark, a long sleeve tech shirt, bib with timing device, participant bag, post-race recovery & refreshment bag, and a finisher’s medal.
- The Hershey Half Marathon is running October 21, at 7:30 am
- There is a 2-person relay option so grab a friend and split the course!
- Relay registration costs May 1 – June 9: $145 and June 10 – event (or until sold out): $165
- 14-minute mile pace requirement
- Transportation available to and from the races for Guest staying at the three Hershey resorts: The Hotel Hershey, Hershey LodgeSM, and Hersheypark Camping Resort
Thank Hershey Half Marathon Course
The Hershey Half marathon runs through the town of Hershey, including Hershey Park. I know how much fun running through theme parks can be, and this is one you won’t want to miss!
You’ll also pass Hershey’s Chocolate World and the Milton Hershey School (which is a stunning campus).
Check out that elevation- rolling hills! What goes up, gets to come back down, which makes it worth it!
Hershey Half Marathon Chocolate Town Challenge
There’s a Challenge, you say? I knew I could get your attention. Runners love their challenges!
Run the Hershey Half Marathon for 5 years and you qualify for the Chocolate Town Challenge. How easy is that?
Okay, so running a half marathon every year for 5 years isn’t “easy” but at least there aren’t a ton of requirements to qualify for this one.
Run For The Children At Hershey Half Marathon
I’ve signed up as a charity runner for the past couple of years with an organization that means a lot to me. I appreciate being involved with races that have heart, and the races at Hershey fall into that category for sure.
The Hershey Half Marathon supports The Children’s Miracle Network at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital. Funds raised from the event go directly to patient services, research, equipment, program services, and educational resources at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
Runners Love Hershey, PA
They do, they really really do!
I’ve only heard positive reports from my runner friends about the Hershey Half marathon. I can’t wait to head up to Hershey myself this year- I don’t plan to run, but I intend to volunteer for this one.
So look for me to hand out the candy bar bling this year or maybe I’ll get to man the sweetest stop on the course. That’s where you can get some chocolate on the run- sweet!
And you don’t want to forget the appointment at the spas in town post-run.
The spa at the Hershey Hotel features:
- Massage, Facial, and Wet Treatment Rooms
- Soaking Tubs, Hydrotherapy Baths, and Vichy Showers
- Steam Rooms and Saunas
- Inhalation Room and Silent Meditation Room
- Quiet Room
- The Oasis, restaurant, and lounge
- Nail and Hair Salon
- Teen and Bridal Services
- Spa Boutique
- Indoor Pool and Jacuzzi
- Fitness Center
- Outdoor Pool Complex
And hot chocolate.
If that wasn’t enough, here are 4 other reasons why runners love Hershey, PA!
Registration Now Open For the Hershey Half Marathon
If you’re ready to run the 2018 Hershey Half Marathon, it’s time to get registered. Don’t forget that the prices go up starting on June 10. So don’t wait- save a few bucks and start training!
Patty Holliday is the owner and creator of all things No-Guilt Universe. As a lifelong fangirl and pop culture connoisseur, she’s been creating online since 2009. You can find her work at No-Guilt Disney.com, No-Guilt Fangirl.com, No-Guilt Life, and as host of the top-rated No-Guilt Disney Podcast.