Alright- July is almost in the books!
Time to rate your month. Let us know what you thought about July running.
- June 6- Global running day
- June 13- Summer Running Gear
- June 20- scenes from my run
- June 27- Rate your month and your year so far.
- July 4- Do you do any special races/running events for 4th of July?
- July 11- What running items do you use for non-running activities?
- July 18- What do you love/hate about summer running?
- July 25 Rate your month
- August 1 How do you display/store your running bling/running clothes/running shoes?
July Running Recap
July has been a bit crazy for me.
We left for a month long trip in early July and aren’t going to be home until next week. Whoa- that’s a long time to be away from home!
I was running 2-3 days a week regularly (at 2 miles a run) before I left, but that’s slowed down in July.
I am enjoying the weather here in Northern California, especially in the evenings and I’ve gotten out a few times since I’ve been here. Gotta love the sunsets here!
I’ll have to give this month a D when it comes to how many times I ran, but I’ll go up to a C+ when it comes to effort on the runs.
I changed my intervals around a bit and I’m running 30 seconds and walking 40 seconds. I’ve seen the pace finally dip just under 14 minutes per mile on my 2-mile runs and feel like the effort is legit.
I’m not killing myself, but I’m certainly putting some work in and I feel good about it.
I don’t have to panic about mileage just yet, but August needs to see some movement happening. There’s a half happening in November that I want to be comfortable completing!
How was your July? Hot? Ready for August- and even hotter? Ha!?
[inlinkz_linkup id=728443 mode=1]
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)