When my kids were little, Cars was on our TV non-stop. They dang near wore out that DVD! They fell in love with Radiator Springs and Lightning McQueen, and the lovable Mater. Can you believe?the third installment of the franchise hits theaters on June 16, 2017? Pixar is revving up the excitement by hosting the Cars 3 Road to the Races Nationwide Tour.
Cars 3 Road to the Races Nationwide Tour
This tour invites fans of #95 to spend the day experiencing a host of activities sure to get your race fans ready for the movie’s release!
Who will be there? None other than a life-size look-alike of five-time Piston-Cup champion Lightning McQueen, tech-savvy Cruz Ramirez and next-gen racer Jackson Storm.
What To Expect
As any good race fan knows, sponsors are important to a successful race! And these sponsors are making sure there is plenty to do as the tour rolls into your hometown.
- Alamo Rent A CarSM is hosting a street art booth and will bring ?Cars 3? to life with a giant coloring mural featuring Lightning McQueen and friends, along with a color pencil pack souvenir.? Owned and operated by Enterprise Holdings, Alamo Rent A Car offers low rental rates and a hassle-free customer experience at the most popular travel destinations around the world.
- Coppertone? is creating a racer pit crew that encourages visitors to take part in a tire-changing activity and photo-sharing opportunity. A leader in the sun care industry, Coppertone is made by Bayer HealthCare, LLC.
- Crest? and Oral-B? celebrate the Road to the Races tour, providing fans with an opportunity to create a digital postcard with Lightning McQueen and get ?Cars?-themed oral care products. Crest and Oral-B are the first steps to enjoying a lifetime of healthy smiles.
- Dole?, the leader in fresh, quality produce, invites visitors to fuel up?and?recharge their batteries, sample high-octane fruit and vegetable smoothies, collect ?Cars 3?-inspired recipes and discover how Dole and Disney are working together to make healthy living fun and easy for families. To see more of Dole?s exciting promotions around summer family fun, visit www.dole.com/Cars3.
- Mattel presents an interactive play area, which sends Lightning McQueen and other racers down the gravity drop and launches them into action in new play sets that feature locations from the movie. Also on display will be a collection of die cast racers from past and present. Mattel is the leading global childhood development and play company.
About Cars 3
You’ll also get a sneak peek of the movie!
Synopsis:?Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan to win,?plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet?and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn?t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing?s biggest stage! Directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist ?Cars,? ?Cars 2?), produced by Kevin Reher (?A Bug?s Life,? ?La Luna? short) and co-produced by Andrea Warren (?LAVA? short), ?Cars 3? cruises into theaters on June 16, 2017.
How can your family get in on the action? The roster of cities includes?Washington, DC (
The roster of cities includes?Washington, DC (holla, neighbors!), Miami, Dallas, Chicago, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Denver and Los Angeles- and more.
Here’s the information for those of you in my area.
Mark your calendars for May 10!
Be sure to visit?CARS3tour.com?for the full tour schedule.
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)