Guys, I think the Universe is listening. At least the Marvel Universe is because early today I was discussing Marvel at D23 Expo & what might be announced this summer.
I honestly cannot wait for this trip!
I might have (ok, I definitely did) squeal a bit when I later heard this news about Marvel at D23 Expo.
Marvel will be on the D23 Expo floor again with the Marvel Studios Pavilion. It promises to be an epic experience for the Marvel Cinematic Universe fans attending the Expo from July 14-16, 2017.
Marvel at D23 Expo: The Movies
Movie props and costumes will be on display from upcoming films Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, and more.
By the way, have you seen the Thor: Ragnarok trailer? It’s worth a 2nd (or 50th) look!
Is it November yet?!
Black Panther has a release date of February 16, 2018, and will be a perfect addition to my birthday month! T’Challa on any month is A-Ok by me, to be honest.
Fans will get the chance to meet with Marvel Studios’ filmmakers, development team, and talent. Exclusive artwork will be given away daily, along with other surprises. Details on talent appearances and special signings will be made available on the D23 Expo app.
Yeah, to say this could be the best D23 Expo ever is not an understatement!
Though I have to say, 2015’s Live Action Panel with Anthony Mackie (swoon) and Chris Evans (double, no, triple swoon) was pretty sweet! This year has a big shield to live up to.
Marvel at D23 Expo: The Games
For the first time ever, gamers can get their hands on consoles with games featuring the Marvel Super Heroes. Fans will get a chance to play as an Avenger, a Guardian, and Spiderman.
My husband, the gamer in the family, is jealous and rethinking his vacation choices. (Not too late, dear!)
· LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 is an all-new, original adventure and sequel to the smash hit LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes. Bringing together iconic Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains from different eras and realities, along with signature LEGO humor, the latest epic adventure from TT Games transports players into a cosmic battle across myriad Marvel locations ripped from time and space into the incredible open hub world of Chronopolis.
· Adding to the infinite excitement of D23 Expo, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will offer attendees hands-on opportunities with the next era of the highly revered action-fighting game series. Marvel and Capcom universes collide like never before as iconic characters team up for action-packed player-versus-player combat. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite features a variety of exciting and accessible single-player modes and rich multiplayer content for new players and longtime fans alike and will be released on September 19, 2017, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
· Gazillion will offer a chance to play Marvel Heroes Omega and win fantastic prizes. Marvel Heroes Omega combines the core gameplay style of Action-RPGs and MMOs with an expansive library of heroes from the Marvel Universe. With thousands of hours of character progression and rewards, Marvel Heroes Omega comes packed with tons of replay value and a steady stream of new challenges with regular updates.
· Netmarble is bringing its best to D23 Expo with MARVEL: Future Fight. Featuring 120 Marvel Super Heroes to choose from, players create teams of their favorites to fight for their future. D23 Expo attendees can try their hand at saving the universe.
· Marvel Puzzle Quest is where the best in match-3 puzzle gameplay meets Marvel’s biggest Super Heroes and Super Villains in the most epic puzzle adventure game available on your phone, tablet, and PC. Marvel Puzzle Quest combines favorite Marvel characters with deep RPG leveling, player-versus-player tournaments, Alliances, and much more. Guests can unleash their inner Super Hero and wage war against their enemies. Learn more at www.marvelpuzzlequest.com.
Marvel at D23 Expo: The Panels
The Live Action Panel was one of my favorites last year, and I have high hopes for some sneak peek clips and special guests this year. I have no idea what the travel time is from Asgard, but I hope D23 is on Thor’s summer plans!
Mark this on your calendar!
Marvel will present incredible panels during D23 Expo, including the fan-favorite Cup o’ Joe on Friday, July 14, at 1:15 p.m. in the D23 Expo Arena, featuring Chief Creative Officer of Marvel, Joe Quesada, in a no-holds-barred panel of everything Marvel.
That same day at 6 p.m. on Stage 28, Marvel Animation presents a surprise-filled panel of sneak peeks, special guests, exclusive footage, and big announcements about the future of Marvel Animation on Stage 28. Details will be available on the D23 Expo app.
If this sounds like it’s something you need to be part of, be sure to get your D23 Expo tickets before they sell out! D23 members also get a discount, so don’t forget to use it, friends.
- $81 for one-day adult admission
- $59 for children 3–9
- Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club can purchase tickets for $72 for a one-day adult admission and $53 for children 3–9
- Multi-day tickets are also available.
For more information on tickets and D23 Expo 2017, visit D23Expo.com.