Children of the 80s: rejoice! The most adorable throwback to your very-80s Christmas memories is here. We can’t get enough of this one! Check out the movie quotes from 8-Bit Christmas, streaming on HBO Max now. ps- check out the parent movie guide for 8-Bit Christmas to decide if it’s ok for your kids!
About 8-Bit Christmas
How far would you go to score the ultimate gift? Watch the new holiday classic #8BitXmas on November 24 with the whole family, streaming exclusively on HBO Max.
From New Line Cinema and HBO Max comes “8-Bit Christmas,” a humorous and heartfelt look back at the adventures of childhood. Set in suburban Chicago in the late 1980s, the story centers on ten-year-old Jake Doyle’s herculean quest to get the latest and greatest video game system for Christmas.
Watch the 8-Bit Christmas trailer here.
Movie Quotes From 8-Bit Christmas
- Every kid has that one gift they want more than anything for Christmas. This is the story of mine. – Jake
- Bookends? – Jake
They have baseballs on them. – Mom
I see that. – Jake
- First prize is a brand new Nintendo entertainment system!
- There are no rules. – Jeff
- That Nintendo’s mine! – Jake
- What do you want? – Neighbor
Want to buy a wreath? – Jake
Ma! This kid thinks your wreath sucks! – neighbor
- Nintendo. A maze of rubber wiring and electronic intelligence so advanced it was deemed not a video game but an 8-bit entertainment system. – Jake
- No Nintendo in my house. – Dad, movie quotes from 8-bit Christmas
I second that. – Mom
Looks like a no-go on the Nintendo. – Lizzy
- I needed a Christmas miracle. – Jake
- The year was 1987 or was it 88? Super bowl was… – Jake
Okay does it really matter dad? – Annie
Oh, okay, the year was the late 80s. I was 11 years old.
- Did you wear a helmet? – Annie
Yeah- we always wore helmets in the 80s. – Jake
- Me and my friends would do anything just to play one. – Jake
- Any of you huddled masses want to play? What have you brought me?- Timmy
- One thing became clear- I needed to get my own. – Jake
- This is bigger than Christmas! This is our Vietnam. – Jake
I don’t think that means what you think it means. -Tammy, movie quotes from 8-bit Christmas
I have no idea what it means. – Jake
- We’re gonna get into so much trouble! – Evan
- I got a goldfish! – Cyrus
Untraceable cash money! – Coach Wallach
- Sometimes during Christmas, just when you think all hope is lost something magical happens. – Jake
- Sold out in 20 minutes. Suddenly, one woman punched a grandma right in the throat. Same family, too. – Janitor
- Red dog this is blue bird. – Jake, movie quotes from 8-bit Christmas
This is rainbow one.
What happened to red dog?- Jake
I changed it.
- This is millennium falcon super cool. – Jake
- Are you making all this up? – Annie
No. no, no way! – Jake
- Video games have been doing all kinds of strange things to children. – Mom
- It was the 80s! Stuff got real. – Jake
More TV and Movie Quotes You’ll Love
- Movie Quotes From House Of Gucci That Will Make You Yell BRAVO!
- Freeze the Frame… Read These Movie Quotes From tick, tick… BOOM!
- Movie Quotes From King Richard That Are ACES
- BEST Movie Quotes From Ghostbusters: Afterlife that Came, Saw and Kicked A!
- Kate Bishop Quotes From The Hawkeye Series That Land True
- I’m Vengeance- Best Quotes From The Batman (2022)
- Thrilling Quotes From Last Night In SoHo
- Spicy Movie Quotes From Dune (2021)
- Deathly Dark Joe Quotes From YOU On Netflix
Patty Holliday is the owner and creator of all things No-Guilt Universe. As a lifelong fangirl and pop culture connoisseur, she’s been creating online since 2009. You can find her work at No-Guilt Disney.com, No-Guilt Fangirl.com, No-Guilt Life, and as host of the top-rated No-Guilt Disney Podcast.