Disney Pixar released Onward this week on Disney+ and it’s quickly become a family favorite. In the spirit of Easter, let’s go on an Onward Easter Egg quest if you will! Here’s where you can find all the Pixar Easter Eggs in Onward and a TON of callbacks to the world of fantasy and geekdom. And if you want to know if Onward is ok for kids, read this!
Onward Easter Eggs You Might Have Missed
Along with my favorite Onward quotes from Barley, I love spotting all the Pixar Easter Eggs in this movie.
There were a ton- because that’s what Disney movies love to do! I couldn’t believe all the Easter Eggs I found in Ralph Breaks the Internet for example.
If you are watching Onward like we are (at least once a day because who doesn’t need a good cry these days?), then tell me if you can spot these Pixar Easter Eggs in Onward. Plus ALL the crazy and fun fantasy callbacks in this movie!
Pixar East Eggs in Onward (And Fantasy Callbacks)
- Wizards and fantasy game/movie easter eggs in the opening scenes. Do we spy Gandalf? Sure. At least, that’s whos name I yelled out!
- Check out all the shop names in this show. I cackled when I realized how they were playing off puns and bad jokes with almost every one of these. More Lord of the Rings with Burger Shire- who serves second breakfast, BTW. There’s Sword and the Scone too.
- The stores all have punny-names as well. Gotta look quickly or even slow down to catch most of these, but here are a few: Cloak & Cola, Prance Prance Revolution, Mount Doom.
- Guinevere, the legendary love of King Arthur gets a huge shoutout from Pixar animators: it’s the name of Barley’s van.
- Triple Dent Gum is a Pixar thing, apparently. It’s been in a few other movies as well (who can forget the jingle from Inside Out?) You can spy it in Ian’s room and also at the gas station.
- Pizza Realm is the new Pizza Planet. The truck is seen at the toll booth!
- Unpopular opinion: Brave was a fantastic Pixar movie that no one seems to remember. But the animators did! And Ian and Barely apparently agree: there’s a calendar in Ian’s room with a Brave reference and another on with Barely’s map- Brave Wilderness is noted.
- A113. You don’t see this one- but you do hear it! It’s the Cal Arts classroom that’s been referenced in every Pixar movie so far, and this Pixar Easter Egg was not left out. Listen to the police on the radio when they call in: you’ll hear a report of “a 113 in progress.”
- Hidden Mickey in Onward: you’ll find this one in Ian’s fireworks spell. And if you want more hidden Mickeys to search for on Disney+, check out all the Hidden Mickey’s in Noelle.
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)