We’re OBSESSED with In the Heights over here and you will be, too! We’ve been saying these quotes from In The Heights all weekend. Go to the theater and see this one ASAP because the biggest screen is the best in this case. If you want to know if your kids can watch it, read this post Is In The Heights Safe For Kids before you go!
About In The Heights
The creator of “Hamilton” and the director of “Crazy Rich Asians” invite you to a cinematic event, where the streets are made of music and little dreams become big… “In the Heights.”
Lights up on Washington Heights…The scent of a cafecito caliente hangs in the air just outside of the 181st Street subway stop, where a kaleidoscope of dreams rallies this vibrant and tight-knit community. At the intersection of it all is the likeable, magnetic bodega owner Usnavi (Anthony Ramos), who saves every penny from his daily grind as he hopes, imagines and sings about a better life.
“In the Heights” fuses Lin-Manuel Miranda’s kinetic music and lyrics with director Jon M. Chu’s lively and authentic eye for storytelling to capture a world very much of its place, but universal in its experience.
“In the Heights” was filmed in New York, primarily on location in the dynamic community of Washington Heights.
Best Quotes From In The Heights
We love all the songs from In The Heights!
The movie is simply stunning- and you cannot get enough of the quotes from In the Heights songs.
Here are some of our favorites:
Quoting In The Heights On The Daily– Inspirational Moments From The Movie
- Let me just listen to my block. – Nina
- We are not powerless, we are powerful. – Daniela
- We had to assert our dignity in small ways. – Abuela
- Little details that tell the world we are not invisible. – Abuela
- You can take all the bruises baby you but stay in the ring. – Kevin
- Say it so it doesn’t disappear. -Usnavi
Washington Heights! – Usnavi and children
Funny Quotes From In The Heights
- He’s packing a stretch limousine. – Daniela
- Does your cousin dance? – Vanessa
Like a drunk Chita Rivera. – Sonny
- This is like Gilligan’s ghetto island. – Carla
- Since when are Latin people scared of heat? – Daniela
More Quotes You’ll Love
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)