We knew this was happening. This is a huge change to the runDisney costume policy, and you will want to take note.
The rumors were out there and despite the emails from runDisney assuring no changes were coming, I had a feeling we would see this.
Unfortunately, this is going to come late for many Marathon & Star Wars runners.
Wowza. I’m sorry for those that need to make big changes.
Annnnddd… kinda glad I procrastinated as long as I did.
Here is the main information you need. Read the rest on rundisney.com
- For runDisney participants ages 14 and older:
- Layered costumes, that could conceal prohibited items, are not permitted (e.g. Jedi robes).
- Costume props, including those that surround the entire body (e.g. Death Star, UP House) are not permitted.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Guests may not wear masks of any kind.
No Capes! Well, no long ones anyway.
What do you think of the changes?
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)