We knew this was happening. This is a huge change to the runDisney costume policy, and you will want to take note.
The rumors were out there and despite the emails from runDisney assuring no changes were coming, I had a feeling we would see this.
Unfortunately, this is going to come late for many Marathon & Star Wars runners.
Wowza. I’m sorry for those that need to make big changes.
Annnnddd… kinda glad I procrastinated as long as I did.
Here is the main information you need. Read the rest on rundisney.com
- For runDisney participants ages 14 and older:
- Layered costumes, that could conceal prohibited items, are not permitted (e.g. Jedi robes).
- Costume props, including those that surround the entire body (e.g. Death Star, UP House) are not permitted.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Guests may not wear masks of any kind.
No Capes! Well, no long ones anyway.
What do you think of the changes?
Patty Holliday is the owner and creator of all things No-Guilt Universe. As a lifelong fangirl and pop culture connoisseur, she’s been creating online since 2009. You can find her work at No-Guilt Disney.com, No-Guilt Fangirl.com, No-Guilt Life, and as host of the top-rated No-Guilt Disney Podcast.