Tuesdays on the run happens to coincide with the 4th of July this year. Awesome!
What do you have planned today? Are you getting out early or planning to run with a view of fireworks later tonight? Let us know what 4th of July running looks like to you!
- June 6- Global running day
- June 13- Summer Running Gear
- June 20- scenes from my run
- June 27- Rate your month and your year so far.
- July 4- Do you do any special races/running events for 4th of July?
- July 11- What running items do you use for non-running activities?
- July 18- What do you love/hate about summer running?
- July 25 Rate your month
- August 1 How do you display/store your running bling/running clothes/running shoes?
Running on the 4th Of July
I’m kinda on a roll when it comes to running plus I’ll be waking up in a DC hotel room on the 4th of July. So I’m going to get out early for a short run.
Since we are newbies to the area and clearly do not know any better, we decided to “do DC” for the 4th. Tonight we are heading to the dress rehearsal of the PBS Capitol 4th concert.
Uncle Jesse in the house! Have Mercy.
Tomorrow we plan to start the day at the National Archives with the reading of the Declaration of Independence, watching the parade & camping out on the Mall for a fireworks spot.
But first, I run. I know I won’t *want* to get up early but I also think with all the crazy people and heat coming later, I’ll *need* to run. Gotta get the head cleared and game plan set for the festivities coming!
I’m not sure how the 4th of July Fireworks on the Mall set up will affect my preferred route, but I’m sure I can find something to run by that will kick the morning off right.
I mean, there’s monuments and museums and cool buildings everywhere you look down here.
If I can get to the Lincoln Memorial and back again, I’ll be thrilled.
And you know I’ll be saying “On your left” like Captain America as I run past the reflecting pool.
Happy 4th of July!