Who’s not surprised?
But it’s still cool to see just how well this movie is being received.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens made box office history?this weekend.
The Walt Disney Studios announced that?STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS?has set a new all-time domestic debut record with an estimated $238M. With a five-day international debut of $279M, the film has taken in $517M globally.
These numbers are out of this world (see what I did there?). ?Check this out:
- Biggest Thursday preview gross with $57M.
- Biggest Friday and biggest single-day gross with $120.5M.
- First film ever to post a single day over $100M.
- Fastest film to $100M and $200M.
- Biggest December debut (nearly 3 times previous record of $84.6M).
- Biggest IMAX Thursday night preview ($5.7M), single-day ($14M, Friday), and weekend ($30.1M).
- Highest theater average for a wide release ($57,568).
My family certainly added to the box office revenue with two showings within a 24-hour period. ?And yes, the second viewing is even BETTER than the first.
Trust me: go see it again. And maybe again.
There was so much we caught on the 2nd viewing that we missed on the first. ?There was that one thing… and then that other part where…
Seriously. ?Go again!
If you wonder about the age appropriateness for this movie, I’ve posted a parental review based on my own children’s ages.
You can check that?spoiler-free?review out HERE.
For those wondering how my youngest handled it: she did great! ?She was able to follow the story and enjoy the movie without any fears developing. ?In fact, she watched all the movies with me this week and now has a bit of a crush on Darth Vader.
Have you seen The Force Awakens yet? ?What did you think about the movie?
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)