I’m lucky that I work from home and have for almost 6 years now. ?It’s allowed me to avoid a lot of the typical winter and holiday illnesses.
I’m a mom; I just don’t have time for that!
Here are my 5 mom-approved tips to staying healthy during the winter/holiday seasons.
- Wash your hands. ?Often. ?It makes a world of difference when you need to stop the spread of germs.
- Get outside as much as possible. ?I think fresh air (even when it’s cold air!) helps keep the head & sinuses clear.
- Exercise. ?This is basically a no-brainer. ?Staying active will help keep your body tuned up and your immune system firing on all cylinders! ?I have no idea if that last part is scientifically true, but it sounds good, so let’s go with it.
- Don’t forget your fruits and veggies! ?It’s easy for me to eat both during the warm summer months. ?I love salads and watermelon and grapes for example. ?Winter fruits and vegetables are a whole ‘nother issue. ?But it’s important to keep those nutrients flowing!
- Drink your water.?It will do wonders for every part of your body. ?Again, harder to do for me in the winter, but it’s necessary for continued health.
What are your best tips for staying healthy through the winter?
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)