Knives Out is in theaters this week for Thanksgiving. And while it doesn’t make the Thanksgiving movies list, it should be on your list to see in the theater this year! Here are some of the sharpest Knives Out quotes from the movie. As Captain America would say, “LANGUAGE!” ’cause Cap ain’t in this movie, folks! ps- check out the Disney Pixar Onward Movie Quotes too.
The Sharpest Knives Out Quotes
I am simply smitten with Knives Out (and the Chris Evans’ sweaters in the show, tbh). And I’ll be heading into the theaters this weekend for my 3rd showing, because, yes, it’s that good.
Is Knives Out safe for kids? You’ll want to read the parent movie review to decide just how much strong language your tweens and teens can take since that’s where the biggest issues lie.
Rian Johnson just scored an Oscar nomination for the best original screenplay for Knives Out. It’s that good, y’all, and worth checking out some of these Knives Out Quotes.
Here are some of the best Knives Out quotes from the movie:
Knives Out Quotes From the Oscar-Nominated Screenplay
- Benoit Blanc: I suspect foul play, and I have eliminated no suspects.
- Lt. Elliott: Now we understand, the night of his demise, the family had gathered to celebrate your father’s eighty-fifth birthday. How was it, by the way?
Linda Drysdale: The party? Pre-my- dad’s-death? Oh, it was great.
- Richard Drysdale: Immigrants, they get the job done. From Hamilton…I saw it at The Public.
- Joni Thrombey: I read a tweet about a New Yorker article about you. The last of the gentlemen sleuths. You solved the case with the tennis champ. You’re famous.
- Benoit Blanc: Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to request that you all stay until the investigation is completed.
Linda Drysdale: What?
Joni Thrombey: Can we ask why? Has something changed?
Benoit Blanc: No.
Joni Thrombey: ‘No, it hasn’t changed’, or, ‘No, we can’t ask?’
- Alan Stevens: Did you just Google that?
Joni Thrombey: I did just Google that.
- Ransom Drysdale: That’s some heavy-duty conjecture.
- Walt Thrombey: Funny, Ransom, you skipped the funeral, but you’re early for the will reading.
- Ransom Drysdale: Up your a**.
Meg Thrombey: Oh, very nice.
Ransom: As a matter of fact, eat sh*t. How’s that?
(points to each family member in turn)
Ransom: Eat sh*t. Eat sh*t. Eat sh*t.
Joni Thrombey: … that smug smile!
Ransom: (points at Joni) Definitely eat sh*t.
- Ransom Drysdale: We’ve got to do this more often.
- Benoit Blanc: The family is truly desperate. And when people get desperate, the knives come out.
- Benoit Blanc: It’s a twisted web. And we’re not finished untangling it, not yet.
- Ransom: What is this? CSI: KFC?
- Walter Thrombey: uh, NO.
- Trooper Wagner: Have you seen her Insta? She’s an Influencer!
- Linda Drysdale: We had our own secret way of communicating. You had to do that with dad. You had to find a game to play with him. If you did that, you played by his rules.
- Benoit Blanc: My being here is purely ornamental; you’ll find me a respectful, quiet, passive observer… of the truth.
- Greatnana Wanetta: Ransom, are you back again?
- Linda Drysdale: This feels like one of Dad’s games. Something he’d write not do. I keep waiting for the big reveal.
- Benoit Blanc: Something is afoot with this whole affair.
- Benoit Blanc: I trust your kind heart.
- Benoit Blanc: Cruel or comforting, this machine unerringly arrives at the truth. That’s what it does.
- Benoit Blanc: (a will reading) is like a community theater production of a tax return.
- Benoit Blanc: Why is grief the providence of youth?
- Benoit Blanc: You make a pretty lousy murderer.
- Benoit Blanc: They are a pack of vultures at the feast: knives out, beaks bloody.
- Benoit Blanc: What did the Nazi child masturbating in the bathroom say?
Check out the Knives Out Spoilers Without Context memes as well!
More Entertainment Posts You’ll Love
Patty Holliday is a Marvel loving, Disney obsessed wife, and mother of four. She’s a travel agent specializing in Disney & Universal vacations- and loves a candid confession. Find her in Virginia (or anywhere frequent flyer miles or her trusty minivan takes her.)