Right now is probably not the best time to create a holiday wish list (holiday rush with the kids does NOT put me in the best of moods!). Or maybe it is?
Times like this are the best of times and the worst of times. It’s when the peanut butter sandwich fell on the floor (peanut side down, of course) and the kinder kid won’t stop crying (“I don’t know whhhhyyyyyy“- #ohlucy) and we woke up late…
and I get to remind myself that I get to deal with these (minor) issues and children.
I get to do this.
It’s a good thing.
So my holiday wish list is as follows:
- Patience. Momma needs a lot of it. A LOT of it. Especially with a pending move and big changes happening for us. Send some my way!
- Peace. The long two weeks at home with the kids looms. And we are traveling a lot. I have a love-hate relationship with school breaks. I’d like these two weeks to be peaceful around the house- but since we are spending it with my whole family in California, well, peace might be hard to come by!
- Time. A reminder to myself not to wish away that time I have with the kids! As a mom who works from home, it’s hard when there are distractions around me. But those distractions are AWESOME- they really are- and I need to manage my time to take advantage of them being home to the fullest.
- Running. I typically slack off during the month of December. This year I vow to be different. I don’t have a choice with a couple of races coming up in early January. So my wish is to find the love of running this December. And who knows, maybe it will help me with Patience and Peace as well?
- Love. I don’t really need to ask for much of this since I am surrounded by so much of it. But love is all you need, right? And it doesn’t hurt to remind each other to share a little more during this season.
What’s on your holiday wish list?